Your brain on exercise: Check this out!
- Fit people are better able to focus
- 30 minutes on a treadmill helped students solve math problems up to 10% more effectively
- Taking a walk in a natural setting soothes anxiety and improves working-memory performance
- For every flight of stairs climbed daily, brain age decreases significantly
- Moderate cardiovascular exercise boosts the hippocampus - the brain area involved in verbal memory and learning
- Endurance training (long periods of exercise) helps the brain to create new neurons that enhance plasticity and maintain memory and cognitive skills